Cleary Gottlieb, a preeminent global law firm with 16 offices on four continents, recently launched ClearyX, a separate, innovative business unit within the firm focused on building alternative models of legal services. ClearyX leverages unique combinations of technology, process and people to create high quality, efficient legal services and products to support the firm and its clients.
ClearyX is seeking to hire Transactions Managers (TMs) to lead our work on deals, develop and lead teams of Analysts, and lead and support projects across a variety of practice areas. TMs support diligence and related aspects of large transactions, and depending on the subject matter will support ClearyX’s design, development and implementation of innovative products and services focused on alternative models for broader areas of legal services. This may include developing alternative staffing models, project management, contract life cycle management projects, document and process automation and other technology-enabled workstreams.
Our TM roles provide an exciting alternative to traditional legal practice, within a dynamic, fast-growing environment. We look for candidates with enthusiasm for re-thinking and automating legal work, and for disrupting traditional approaches to legal services; we seek colleagues who are entrepreneurial, take a solutions-oriented approach and are interested in a discipline of continuous improvement. We are currently focused on candidates with experience in Private Equity/Funds, Capital Markets, Energy, and Insurance/Reinsurance although candidates with experience in more traditional M&A work will also be considered.
Our team is fully remote, with team members currently based in Canada, the US and the UK although we ultimately intend to expand to support clients and offices in other regions. This is a full time opportunity with flexibility in hours and limited travel required.
- Working closely with the ClearyX team to design, develop and implement new models of legal services across a variety of practice areas;
- Deploying technology and alternative resources where appropriate, helping to identify opportunities for ClearyX’s capabilities and resources;
- Supporting a project management and process improvement approach to legal services;
- Liaising with lead attorneys relevant transactions and projects, including leading the initial scoping of projects, managing deal team communication and navigating the evolving needs and requests throughout the transaction or project;
- Supervising ClearyX Analysts, Technologists and others, conducting quality control over their work as required;
- Engaging with clients and potential clients to discuss and promote the team’s work and capabilities in relevant areas;
- Using legal technology for data management, project management, document and process automation, and where appropriate, the review and analysis of documents;
- Considering other areas of potential ClearyX support including specialized contract review, and potentially designing/building models for drafting, document automation, work flow automation etc..
The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of experience in a relevant practice area (preferably in a large law firm environment) and will be admitted in either Canada, the UK or in one of the following US states: CA, CT, DC, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, MN, OH, WA, Puerto Rico, or TX. She or he will exhibit excellent communication skills (written & oral); ability to exercise judgment and juggle multiple, competing priorities; good problem solving skills and a positive, resilient approach to the challenges of change management; and a process oriented approach, with an emphasis on improving processes and working within an agile/lean approach. Some experience with legal technologies would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Compensation is commensurate with experience. All qualified applicants should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.