Cleary Gottlieb, a preeminent global law firm with 17 offices on four continents, recently launched ClearyX, a separate business unit within the firm focused on building alternative models of legal services. ClearyX uses unique combinations of technology, people and process to create efficient, high quality legal services and products to support the firm and its clients.
ClearyX is seeking to hire a Private Funds Product Lead to help build and lead innovative products and services focused on Private Funds work. The role will be focused on providing efficient, high quality solutions for funds work, for clients of the Firm and ClearyX, including designing, developing and implementing technology-based products and services. The role could include other transactional management such as alternative staffing models, project management, document and process automation, and will act as a subject matter expert for other members of the ClearyX team.
This role provides an exciting career opportunity in a start-up like environment for someone with experience in Private Funds work, enthusiasm for re-thinking and automating legal work, and for designing ways to effectively combine people, process and technology. We are seeking enthusiastic, entrepreneurial self-starting candidates with a positive, solutions-oriented approach. The role will be a permanent, full-time role conducted remotely.
- Initially, supporting the creation of new models of private funds service delivery and deploying technology and alternative resources where appropriate. This will involve some process improvement and project management;
- Supervising analysts, technologists and others designing and building automated solutions;
- Providing subject matter expertise and conducting quality control over funds-related work (including designing processes for efficient quality control and process management);
- Helping to plan for and hire any staff required to deliver and maintain relevant solutions and products;
- Supporting the Private Funds Knowledge Attorney where appropriate.
- This is a remote opportunity with flexibility in hours and limited travel required.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Private Funds practice, preferably in a mid-sized or large law firm environment. The ideal candidate will be admitted to the bar in Canada or in one of the following US states: CA, CT, DC, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, MN, OH, WA, Puerto Rico, or TX. She or he will exhibit excellent communication skills (written & oral); ability to exercise judgment and juggle multiple competing priorities; good problem solving skills and a positive resilient approach to the challenges of change management; and a process oriented perspective with an emphasis on improving processes and working within an agile/lean approach. Some experience with technologies supporting legal work such as document and process automation are a plus.
How to Apply
Compensation is commensurate with experience. All qualified applicants should send resumes to ClearyXRecruiting@cgsh.com.