ClearyX is a separate business unit within Cleary Gottlieb, a preeminent global law firm with 16 offices on four continents. We are focused on building alternative models of legal services using unique combinations of people, process and technology. We are a forward-thinking team working to deliver high quality, efficient, technology-forward legal services at a lower cost.
We are looking for positive, solutions-oriented team members with a minimum of one year’s experience in due diligence, contract review or related work. We look for candidates who have excellent attention to detail and communication skills and the ability to accurately review and analyze sophisticated contracts and related documents. You should be seeking an approach to legal work that is different from a traditional law firm, and be open to learning and adopting new technologies, and approaching work with the idea of continuous improvement.
Our Analyst roles are full time, fully remote positions. There may be limited travel requirements for business or client needs. We bring the entire team together in person once a year and always look for team-building opportunities, both virtual and, where practical, in person. We are presently seeking exceptional candidates in the US, UK and Canada.Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and summarizing documents for M&A and other forms of due diligence, including share purchase agreements, licensing agreements, supplier and reseller agreements, acquisition agreements, organizational documents (articles, bylaws, shareholder agreements) etc.;
- Using legal technology for data room management, project management, document and process automation and the review and analysis of legal documents;
- Engaging in other transactional legal work, such as potentially supporting the drafting and review of form agreements and the review and development of knowledge databases.
Our Values & How to Apply
In hiring, we always consider our values:
- We Have a Positive Attitude and Approach to Work: We recognize that challenges are best solved when we share ideas. We approach our work with a positive attitude, and with kindness and humility. We strive for continuous improvement and take a solutions oriented, can-do approach to everything we do.
- We do High Quality Work: We trust our team to always deliver exceptionally high quality work in a timely way. We are honest about our capacity and capabilities. We are relentless about providing a high level of customer service and a positive client experience in working with us. We take pride in our work.
- We Work Together: Sharing ideas is always welcomed and encouraged; constructive feedback and transparency are helpful. We take responsibility for our work and for helping each other. We recognize and celebrate our diversity of perspectives, experiences and ideas and we know that great ideas can come from anywhere and anyone.
- We Communicate Honestly and Constantly:We value open communication; we encourage questions being raised whenever they arise, and we share as much information among ourselves as we can. We are committed to honesty and recognize that we should not avoid difficult conversations when they are constructive.
- We Are Always Learning and Innovating:We will bravely challenge the status quo, constantly raise new ideas and always seek improvements to be made in our work. We recognize that the business of law is evolving and we must remain curious and constantly learning. We learn from our mistakes and share those learnings.